At The Bourne Academy, we are committed to developing the employability and enterprise skills of our students to ensure they have not only the academic success they deserve but also the tenacity and drive to achieve in their chosen profession. We aim to ensure our students have :
- Business and economic understanding
- The emotional resilience and confidence to succeed as future leaders
- Opportunities to develop their social responsibilities and conscience through enterprising community projects
- Regular engagement with local and national employers
- Life changing experience to inspire them to reach their full potential
At the Academy, our students have as many opportunities to develop their entrepreneurial talents further. We work closely with Young Enterprise and deliver the Company programme in year 12, allowing students to run their own business with support from business volunteers that come in weekly. In year 13 we also deliver the route to work scheme where students attend business master classes to prepare them for the world of work.
Students in the Sixth form are all offered a Bourne Ambassador as a business mentor - see the Bourne Ambassadors section for more information on this. They will also attend a networking event to develop these vital skills for their future.
Students will also have the opportunity to visit Canford’s Careers Symposium and will have the opportunity to make vital contacts in their chosen career field. In addition, we attend the J P Morgan Open door events annually and Bournemouth and Poole College careers and employability fair.