Is there a catchment area?
No, the process is now worked out on distance. However, if you put The Bourne Academy down on your Transition Form as your first choice, you have a better chance of getting a place.
We have noted below a timeline for primary school pupils which you may find helpful:
- Spring Term - Transition meetings at your primary school
- SEND pupils - It is advisable for primary pupils with statements to actually make appointments to view secondary schools at this stage.
- 2017 Open Evening - to be confirmed
- October 31st - Applications forms to the Local Authority with choice of schools
- March 1st - Letter from Local Authority with your chosen secondary school
- July - Year 6 pupils spend a day with their chosen secondary school
Do you hold a waiting list?
The Bourne Academy is oversubscribed, however, if your given year group is full, please enquire about our waiting list. Please contact the Local Authority and the Academy for further information.
We received free school meals and uniform grant, will that change?
No, providing you are still in receipt of the relevant benefits. Grants have to be applied for every two years. If there are any changes, you will receive a letter directly from the Local Authority (not the school). If you are unsure, please get in touch with them directly.
Do you operate your own bus service?
No, but the Yellow Bus Services operates three routes in the area - U7, V2 and V4. Two services stop at the end of Hadow Road, along Kinson Road and one service stops on Columbia Road, about 5 minute walk from the school.
How do I apply to the Academy 6th Form?
If you missed the Open Evening, please contact the 6th Form Manager, Mrs Franklin on 01202 528554