Facts, Figures & Results
- The Bourne Academy retained 'grade of good' short inspection - Ofsted 2018 'The Bourne Academy is GOOD school in every area of its work' - Ofsted 2014
- The Bourne Academy was established in 2010.
- It is an all-abilities state school for boys & girls,11 – 18 years old.
- In Years 7 to 11, each year group has 180 students
- 6th Form has 107 students in it
- The Academy's specialisms are Engineering & Design and English.
- There are eight Houses, each consisting of four tutor groups per house.
- In 2015, the first cohort of 6th Form students left with 100% achieving A*-E grades at A Level and 100% a Pass rate at BTEC .
- For three years, all Year 13 students either secured their first choice at University, an Apprenticeship or entered the job market with training attached.
- Click HERE to view the Data Dashboard.
- The Academy's sponsor is Canford School.
- In 2013, a £10million building project was completed with many new facilities.
"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think."
2018 Exam Results:
|GCSE Maths 9 to 4 grades =||70%|
|GCSE English 9 to 4 grades =||75%|
|A Level/BTEC Students achieving A* - E grades = (national average 97.9%)||100%|
|KS5 Students secured their choice of University or Apprenticeship||100%|