Facts, Figures & Results
- 'The Bourne Academy is GOOD school in every area of its work' - Ofsted 2014
- The Bourne Academy was established in 2010.
- It is an all-abilities state school for boys & girls,11 – 18 years old.
- In Years 7 to 11, each year group has 180 students
- 6th Form has 94 students in it
- The Academy's specialisms are Engineering & Design and English.
- There are eight Houses, each consisting of four tutor groups per house.
- In 2015, the first cohort of 6th Form students left with 100% achieving A*-E grades at A Level and 100% a Pass rate at BTEC .
- For three years, all Year 13 students either secured their first choice at University, an Apprenticeship or entered the job market with training attached.
- Click HERE to view the Data Dashboard.
- The Academy's sponsor is Canford School.
- In 2013, a £10million building project was completed with many new facilities.
- The Bourne Academy is served by Yellow Buses by routes U7, V2 and V4 (from Jan 2017)
"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think."
2017 Exam Results:
|GCSE Maths A* - C Results =||60%|
|GCSE English A* - C grades =||69%|
|A Level/BTEC Students achieving A* - E grades = (national average 97.9%)||100%|
|A Level/BTEC Students achieving A* - C grades =||77.2%|
|A Level/BTEC Students achieving A* - B grades =||33.3%|
|KS5 Students secured their choice of University or Apprenticeship||100%|