Primary School Transition
Primary School Transition to Secondary School
The balance between discipline and pastoral guidance demonstrated at The Bourne Academy is that which we whole heartedly support as parents. To send him (our son) to any other school would be of detriment to his education and his future prospects and we would be left feeling we had failed him. - Year 5 Parent (Oct 2016)
Making the right decision about where you should send your son or daughter to secondary school will play a key part in determining their future success.
If you missed our Open Evening, we are now holding Open Morning Tours, available by appointment every Monday and Wednesday up to 19th October 2016. Tours will be hosted by the Principal and his Senior Leadership Team. Please contact the Academy to book your space.
For further dates of the process please view the Coordinated Scheme Timetable.
Please see below a timeline for primary school pupils which you may find helpful:
- Spring Term - Transition meetings at your primary school
- SEND pupils - It is advisable for primary pupils with statements to actually make appointments to view secondary schools at this stage.
- 2017 date to be confirmed - The Bourne Academy Open Evening
- October 31st - Applications forms to the Local Authority with choice of schools
- March 1st - Letter from Local Authority with your chosen secondary school
- July 5th 2017 - Year 6 pupils spend a day with their chosen secondary school
For further information regarding Transition to secondary school, please contact Mrs Janice Morris at the Academy on 01202 528554. Alternatively please contact the Local Education Authority Bournemouth Borough Council, St Stephens Road, Bournemouth, BH2 6DY. Telephone 01202 456222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information visit their website www.bournemouth.gov.uk
The Appeals Timetable for Admissions 2017-2018:
- Offer letters posted on National Offer Day by Local Authority - 1 March 2017
- Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer - 15 March 2017
- Deadline for lodging an on-line Admission Appeal - 31 March 2017
- Appeal Date - 8 and 9 June 2017
Late appeals and in-year appeals will be heard in-line with the deadlines set out in the School Admission Appeal's Code.
Primary School Partnerships
The Bourne Academy has strong links with a wide variety of primary schools across the local area and we strive to build good relationships with them. We invite primary schools to be included in a Primary Partnership programme both inside and outside the classroom. We run a variety of activities ranging from the arts, sports, reading, science to performing arts and Leadership workshops. Some of the workshops take place at the primary schools but some are held here at the Academy. By sharing the link, these valuable workshops not only introduce the primary pupils to the vast spaces of our Academy but also to the Academy students, who are always willing to speak with their younger counterparts.
Seeing our Primary Partnerships flourish is vital to us and the shared positive learning experiences that can be had when we collaborate with our primary partners are profound. We are continually looking to develop links and if you would like your school to be involved in our Primary Partnerships Project or we have worked together in the past and you would like to discuss plans or ideas, then please do not hesitate to contact Mr Jonathan Perkins either by calling the Academy on 01202 528554 or by email email@example.com
Primary Schools in Partnership with The Bourne Academy: