The Academy Student Council is a selection of students from all tutor groups in each of the eight Houses and from Years 7 to 11. The Council is ‘a voice’ for students to put forward their ideas and suggestions to make the Academy a better place. If viable, the Council will take the suggestions to the Principal for further discussions.
To be a member of the School Council, you need to be:
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy
- Friendly, approachable and sensible
- Good at listening to everyone
- Able to remember things
- Hardworking, honest and commited
The main responsibilities of School Council Representatives are:
- To attend fortnightly meetings (refreshments provided)
- To listen to the views and opinions of your tutor group and bring them to meetings
- To report everyone's ideas and opinions, even if they are not your own
- To bring ideas to the meeting that will make the Academy a better place to be
- To feed back information to your tutor group
- To wear your badge so people know that you are a Student Council Representative
- To complete any tasks given to you at Student Council meetings.