Trips & Expeditions
Learning is a journey, involving making decisions and making mistakes and it is also the discovery of new ideas and new answers.
Here at The Bourne Academy, we aim to broaden students’ minds through opportunity and diverse activities. We organise a regular programme of trips and expeditions to further enhance study, develop sporting and cultural activities and generally broaden student’s experiences.
Below is a selection of trips taken by Academy students:
- Paris (French language students)
- Iceland (6th Form science students)
- 3 Peaks Challenge and Dolomites (Outdoor Education students)
- Swanage Jurassic Coast
- Skiing in Austria
- Marwell Wildlife Zoo (Science students)
- Phantom of The Opera, London (Performing Arts students)
- Saatchi Gallery, London (Visual arts students)
- Harry Potter Studio Tour, London (Media students)
- New York
- Racing at Goodwood (Engineering students)
- House of Commons, London
- Natural History Museum, London
- Rockley Point Watersports, Dorset
A letter from Rockley Point Watersports Centre:
"I would like to pass on the appreciation of all our staff that thoroughly enjoyed teaching Academy students. The group were wel-mannered, enthusiastic, friendly and a credit to your school and we would be delighted to welcome a group back in the future. I hope all the pupils and staff who wernt on the trip had a fantastic time and have recuperated fully from what was a very active and busy week!"
Pip Woods, Managing Director, Rockley Watersports.