Testing is voluntary, however, we would encourage everyone to participate in the asymptomatic testing programme to help break transmission links by identifying those who may be carrying the virus unknowingly.
Terms of consent:
1. I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the Academy about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, and have seen the Privacy Notice (below) which explains how your child’s data will be used in regard to testing.
2. In the case of under 16s, I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
3. I consent to my child having a nose swab for lateral flow tests. My child will self-swab, if my child is unable to self-swab I understand that assistance is available. In the case of under 16s or pupils who are not able to provide informed consent, I have discussed the testing with my child and they are happy to participate and self-swab (with assistance if required).
4. I understand that there may be multiple tests required and this consent covers all tests for the below named person. If, on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then I understand they will not be made to do so and that consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
5. I consent that my child’s sample will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
6. I understand that if my child’s result isnegative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the Academy.
7. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I confirm that I will arrange for my child to have a confirmatory PCR test, either by ordering a home PCR test or arranging an appointment at a PCR testing centre. 8. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I commit to ensuring that my child is removed from school premises as promptly as possible, bearing in mind I / they may have some anxiety following a positive test result.
9. I consent that they will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
10. I agree that if my / my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the Academy and I understand that I/ my child will be required to self-isolate following Public Health advice.
Academy Testing Onsite Testing Centre
Please watch the below video to understand how the testing centre works onsite.