Parent Info Zone
The Parent Info Zone is a new free service available to schools and their parent/carers. Here you will find a collection of articles, tips, expert advice and resources designed to help parents and carers keep up with what their children are doing on-line.
There are various topics to choose from in seven main areas :
- GCSE Grading System - a simple guide (2017) explaining the new GCSE grading system
- Digital - including social media, gaming, illegal content, reporting
- Sex & Relationships - including pornography, abuse, consent, contraception
- Health & Wellbeing - including mental health, addiction, violent extremism, gangs
- Family Life - including parenting, legal, money
- Education & The Future - including moving to secondary school, exams, leaving school
- Top Tips - information on any of the above topics
- Special Needs - SEN articles for parents/carers on the above topics
Click HERE for access to a digital parenting guide to healthy online family life.
The Parent Info Zone is a collaboration between The Parent Zone, which has been providing information and support to parents for a decade and CEOP the Child Exploitation and Online Protection command of the National Crime Agency.
The Parent Zone was founded in 2005 and has a track record of providing information, support and advice to parents. In recent years, The Parent Zone's work has focused on the impact of digital technologies on families. We provide information, resources and training for parents and those who work with them.
CEOP is the child protection command of the National Crime Agency. CEOP reaches over three million children and young people a year through its 'Thinkuknow' education programme and regularly conveys its vital online safety messages to over 100,000 practitioners (such as social workers, teachers and police officers) registered to their network, who cascade these messages directly to children and young people.