The Bourne Academy Success A-Level & Vocational Results 2019
- 35% of all grades were A*- B across all subjects
- 60% of all grades were A*- C across all subjects
- 98% A* to E grades achieved
- All Year 13 students have secured their choice of University or course of study
The Bourne Academy, an all ability state-funded secondary Academy sponsored by Canford School, is delighted to announce it has achieved another excellent set of A-Level and BTEC examination results. Standout results have been achieved in Technology, Engineering, Photography, Music and Performing Arts departments.
Congratulations to the following students/subjects:
- Jasmine Ames achieved a Triple Distinction* in Music, a B in in Mathematics and a B in Media Studies. Jasmine has secured a place at The British Institute of Modern Music to study Music Production
- Amarilla Antal, achieved an A* in Art & Photography, an A in Philosophy & Ethics and a B in Psychology. Amarilla has decided to take a gap year
- Jemma Burrows achieved a D* in Music, an A in English Literature and a C in History. Jemma has secured a place at University of West of England, Bristol, to study Sociology
- Yasmin Dix achieved a Triple Distinction* in Music, a B in Psychology and a C in History. Yasmin has secured a place at British Institute of Modern Music to study Music Production
- Daniel Fenna-Moran achieved a B in Product Design, a B in Philosophy & Ethics and a C in English Literature. Daniel has secured a place at Southampton University to study Philosophy
- Ellie House achieved a B in English Literature, a B in Psychology and a C in Philosophy & Ethics. Ellie has secured a place at Bournemouth University to study Criminology
Mark Avoth, Principal, said ‘We are all thrilled with these results. They build on the successes of our 6th Form of the last four years and we are immensely proud of our students. We are particularly proud of our successes within the Technology, Engineering, Photography, Music and Performing Arts departments, where all students entered achieved a higher grade A* to C pass or equivalent. These results are proof of what can be achieved with the combination of students, teachers, parents/carers, all working together to reach the same aims.‘
Mr Dean Taafe, Head of Sixth Form, said ‘I am thrilled that all of our Year 13 students, who applied to university, have secured an offer at their first choice university or chosen course of study. It was fabulous to see that all of our leavers were delighted with their achievements and future plans today. Their success is testament to all their hard work and that of staff who have supported them over the past two years. I feel very proud of this young yet successful 6th Form. We are going from ‘strength to strength’.
For more information about The Bourne Academy, anyone is welcome to attend the Academy’s annual Open Evening on Wednesday 25 September 2019, 5.45pm-8.00pm, with the Principal’s address at 6.15pm and repeated at 7.15pm. Alternatively, anyone may attend the specific 6th Form annual Open Evening on Wednesday 16 October 2019, 6.00-8.00pm. Morning Tours are available in October. Please enquire at the Academy for further details.