2019 - 2020
- Ofsted inspection - Academy retained 'Good' grade.
- 27th Best performing school in the scratch built F24 Competition & Best Mascot in the World!
- DofE students have spent 949 hours learning a skill, 1547 hours doing a physical activity and 1404 hours volunteering in the local community.
- First Student to complete DofE Gold visits Buckingham Palace to collect award and the DofE Gold students had tea with Prince Edward at Canford.
- Greenpower team raced and won awards at Castle Coombe event in September
- Positive ‘Progress 8’ score of +0.13 places us 9th out of 55 similar schools for levels of progress
Top three highlights from previous years:
- Ofsted short inspection 'overall effectiveness grade of GOOD'.
- Academy History teacher chosen to partner top Oxford professor in learning project
- TBA recognised as one of the top 3 performing UK schools in Gatsby 'Good Career Guidance' evaluation
- Highest ever KS5 results - 77.2% A* - C grades, 100% all students achieved A*-E grades
- Third year running, all students have secured their choice of university or apprenticeship
- Mr Scagell (Teacher of Music/Performing Arts) nominated in Echo School Awards
- Final top three - 'Most Enterprising School' in National Enterprise Challenge Final 2016
- NEON 'Outstanding Access in widening access to Higher Education' winner
- Mr Mastrocola Teacher in charge of Music is 'Teacher of the Year' in Echo Awards
- 'The Bourne Academy is a GOOD school - Ofsted
- In the first year, 100% 6th Form students achieved A* - E grades in A Levels
- Alumni Association and The Bourne Foundation Charitable Trust launched
- Academy is 5th out of 55 similar schools for levels of progress by students
- High Sheriff and Lord Lieutenant of Dorset give Academy seal of approval
- Winner of the Galliford Try Transformation Trust Cup for Sailing
- 16th place (out of 400 schools) at the Green Power Competition
- Receives 'Best Newcomer Award' at Green Power Competition at Merryfield
- 60% of students gained 5 A* to C grades in GCSE incl English + Maths
- First Ofsted visit concluded that The Academy has made GOOD progress
- Best GCSE results ever at the school site
- 2012 Boccia Champions of Dorset
- Grand Opening of The Bourne Academy
- The first Academy students receive scholarships to Canford School
- Winner of ‘Aimhigher School of the Year’ award