2019 - 2020
- Our 2020 any Progress 8 score of +0.34 is the highest in The Bourne Academy's history.
- Ofsted inspection—Academy retained ‘Good’ rating. The Bourne Academy is a welcoming and inclusive school. Pupils and staff are proud to be members of the school community. The views of many pupils are reflected in the comment, ‘The school helps me to be the best version of myself.’ Ofsted 2019
- 27th Best performing school in the National Greenpower scratch built F24 Competition & won Best Mascot in the World
- DofE students have spent 949 hours learning a skill, 1547 hours doing a physical activity and 1404 hours volunteering in the local community.
Facts, Figures & Results
- The Bourne Academy retained 'Good' status - Ofsted 2019 'The Bourne Academy is a welcoming and inclusive school. Pupils and staff are proud to be members of the school community. The views of many pupils are reflected in the comment, ‘The school helps me to be the best version of myself.’ Ofsted 2019.
- The Bourne Academy was established in 2010.
- It is an all-abilities state school for boys & girls aged 11–18 years old.
- In Years 7 to 11, each year group has 180 students
- 6th Form has 115 students in it
- The Academy's specialisms are Engineering & Design and English.
- There are six Houses & Year 11, each consisting of four tutor groups per house.
- In 2015, the first cohort of 6th Form students left with 100% achieving A*-E grades at A Level and 100% a Pass rate at BTEC .
- For five years, all Year 13 students either secured their first choice at University, an Apprenticeship or entered the job market with training attached.
- The Academy's sponsor is Canford School.
- In 2013, a £10million building project was completed with many new facilities.
"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think."
EXAM RESULTS 2020:
|GCSE Maths 9 to 4 grades =||67%|
|GCSE English 9 to 4 grades =||74%|
|A Level/BTEC Students achieving A* - E grades||100%|