Academy Open Evening - Wednesday 30 September 2020
Even though The Academy will not be staging this year's Open Evening in the usual format, we are delighted to say we will still be hosting an informative, fun and engaging virtual event at the end of the month instead.
This will be in the form of a virtual page on our website that will go live at 10am on the day.
This page will include:
- A virtual tour of The Academy, giving prospective students a glimpse into what their new surroundings could look like and what facilities we have to offer.
- Subject presentations, giving students an overview of what their complete Year 7 curriculum will look like and the opportunities this could lead to.
- A fun-filled, online treasure hunt with prizes up for grabs!
- The Principal's presentation, with live chat Q/A at 6.00pm, giving parents the chance to interact with The Academy and ask any pressing questions they might have.
- Other information will include the latest Ofsted report, Year 8 student feedback, Year 7 sample timetables, etc.
You can access more information about The Academy by clicking on the link below.
Virtual Sixth Form Open Evening - Wednesday 14 October 2020
This year's Sixth Form Open Evening will have a slightly different look and feel to it, but we are confident what you will take from it, will be the same as previous years.
Sadly, we will not be welcoming external students on site, but they - along with their parents - will be able to access our virtual open evening page on the day.
On Wednesday 14 October we will be hosting a Sixth Form Subject Fayre for our current Year 11 students, giving them an insight into what a step up in education here might look like. This will take place during tutor time and during Period 4, where students will have a chance to browse subject stalls, hear presentations from the Principal and Head of Sixth Form and join a Q&A session with canapes.
The Virtual Open Day page on our website will go live on the day at 10am and include the following:
- Interviews with current Sixth Form students, giving prospective students a taste of life at The Academy.
- Footage of the Subject Fayre earlier in the day, including subject presentations and speeches from Principal, Mark Avoth & Head of Sixth Form, Dean Taafe.
Parents/Carers will get the chance to interact with staff directly, on any Sixth Form query, at the Year 11 PTC the following week.
You can access more information about the Sixth Form by clicking on the link below.
Unfortunately, due to the current situation with COVID-19, we are unable to offer physical tours of The Academy during this Autumn term.
Please see the Admissions page for all information for applicants interested in joining The Bourne Academy.
Should the situation change, we will update this page.