Virtual Sixth Form Open Evening - Wednesday 14 October 2020
This year's Sixth Form Open Event has a slightly different look and feel to it, but we are confident what you will take from it, will be the same as previous years.
Sadly, we are not welcoming external students on site, but they - along with their parents - will be able to access our virtual open event page on the day.
On Wednesday 14 October we hosted a Sixth Form Subject Fayre for our current Year 11 students, giving them an insight into what a step up in education here might look like. This took place during tutor time and during Period 4, where students had a chance to browse subject stalls, hear presentations from the Principal and Head of Sixth Form and join a Q&A session with canapes.
The Virtual Open Day page on our website will go live on the day at 6pm and include the following:
- Interviews with current Sixth Form students, giving prospective students a taste of life at The Academy.
- Footage of the Subject Fayre earlier in the day, including subject presentations and speeches from Principal, Mark Avoth & Head of Sixth Form, Dean Taafe.
Parents/Carers will get the chance to interact with staff directly, on any Sixth Form query, at the Year 11 PTC the following week.
You can access more information about the Sixth Form by clicking on the link below.
Academy Open Day - Wednesday 30 September 2020
We are delighted to have launched our informative, fun and engaging virtual page. Our Academy Open Day Page is now LIVE and still accessible - Click box at the bottom of this page.
This page includes:
- A presentation from the Principal on what The Academy has to offer.
- A virtual tour of The Academy, giving prospective students a glimpse into what their new surroundings could look like and what facilities we have to offer.
- Subject presentations, giving students an overview of what their complete Year 7 curriculum will look like and the opportunities this could lead to.
- A fun-filled, online treasure hunt with prizes up for grabs!
- Other information will include the latest Ofsted report, Prospectus, 360 virtual tours, etc.
Unfortunately, due to the current situation with COVID-19, we are unable to offer physical tours of The Academy during this Autumn term.
Please see the Admissions page for all information for applicants interested in joining The Bourne Academy.
Should the situation change, we will update this page.