Sources of Support
- BCP First Response Hub – Safeguarding: For contact details and how to report a concern please HERE.
- County Lines
- Click HERE to access Espcapeline's website: A charity committed to the prevention of child exploitation across the South west of England.
- Click HERE to view a 'Keeping children safe in education' leaflet.
- Click HERE to view a 'Keeping children safe in education' leaflet in other languages.
- Click HERE for support on child sexual exploitation.
- Click HERE for support on modern slavery and human trafficking
Support Your Child's Mental Health
- Helping Teens Overcome Anxiety
- For information about panic attacks, click here.
- Click HERE to see a poster from Dorset Mental Health Support Team in Schools.
Practical Help with Cost of Living:
Worries about COVID-19:
If you or your child are worried about COVID-19, you can speak you your child's Tutor or Head of House. Further support can be found at links below:
Managing feelings around the Ukraine invasion
- How to Talk About War and Conflict with Kids
- Advice if you are upset by the news
- Help for teachers and families to talk to pupils about Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
- Webinar - Talking about War and Conflict with Your Child - 28 March 4pm
There are so many great sources of support for looking after your family and their mental health, please see list below:
- For support and information on body image and disordered eating click HERE
- What to do when you feel stressed
- Sleep Hygiene Tips
- Dorset Mental Health Support Team presentation
- For guidance from Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust click HERE.
- For further guidance from the Government, click HERE.
- For Advice from MindEd, click HERE.
- For further guidance from CAMHS, click HERE or to visit the CAMHS website, click HERE.
- For further guidance from Charlie Waller Memorial Trust, click HERE and advice to get children talking about their feelings click HERE.
- For further advice from Mental Health Org, click HERE.
- For advice from the NSPCC, click HERE.
- For advice from My Mind, Click HERE.
- For further guidance from The Children's Society, click HERE.
- Kooth COVID19 statistics.
- Head Space
- School Nursing Team
- Parenting a Teen advice
- Support for parents & carers of YP with a diagnosis of ASD
- Dove Self-Esteem Project for teenage girls
- Mental Health in Children in the UK
- Parental Awareness of Self-Harm - Creative Education
- Spot and Support: Anxiety - Creative Education
- The Signs of Movement
- www.mosaicfamilysupport.org.uk - Mosaic is a Dorset wide charity offering a pathway of support to bereaved children, young people and their families. They also work with young people who are facing the death of a loved ones.
- www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk - Anti-bully alliance
- www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre - Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
- Coping with Self Harm - A guide for parents and carers
The Fuse Project
For more info click here.
Information, advice and support for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability and their parents or carers.
Phone 01202 128181 email: email@example.com
To Learn more about Sendiass please click here
If your child has any Special Educational Needs please click here for more information
Please also take a look at the Sendiass informative flyer
The School Nursing team in Dorset offer a confidential text messaging service to the parents and carers of children and young people aged between 5 and 19.
This text messaging service is called ParentLine 5-19 and parents will be able to gain advice from a member of the School Nursing team via text message for topics such as development, healthy eating, weight management, behaviour management, emotional health and wellbeing, toileting, sleep and more.
How it will work:
- Parent/carer sends a text message to the ParentLine 5-19 number – 07312263131
- An automated reply confirms the message has been received.
- A trained healthcare professional from the School Nursing team will respond to the message between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding weekends, bank holidays and school holidays) within 24 working hours.
Please note that ParentLine 5-19 will initially only be available during School Term times and will be closed during School Holidays and this should not be used as an emergency service - urgent help should be sought from an NHS walk-in centre or call NHS 111, or in an emergency, dial 999 or go to A&E.
Bereavement Support in Dorset
CLICK HERE to view bereavement support sources in Dorset