Coronavirus Exam information:
For information about how coronavirus will affect exams, click HERE.
Key Stage 4 Results
This years results day is on 20 August 2020
To ensure social distancing students have been given a specific time slot to collect results. If you have not received this information please contact the Academy.
Key Stage 5 Results
Information for Candidates:
Below are documents which contain all of the JCQ candidate information for our students are required to read. This information covers online exams, coursework, presentations, use of information and written exams. It is vital that all students aware if these policies to ensure that they are adhering to them throughout their course. Please read each document thoroughly. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs Wigg or Mrs Luker in the Exams Office, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Candidates:
- Privacy Notice
- Written Examinations
- Non-Examination Assessments
- On Screen Tests
- Social Media
Information for Parents Elevate Parent Guide
- Overall impression – neat work equals neat mind. Some exam boards still award marks for spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Legible handwriting – if the examiner can’t read it easily they won’t bother to try to decipher it
- No gel pens – many papers are scanned now and marked electronically and gel pens don’t show up
- Use keywords/vocabulary related to the subject. This shows you have a good understanding of the topic
- If you use extra pages ensure that they are attached with a treasury tag and each page is named
- Don’t use swear words or text speak
- Don’t waffle, stick to the point and avoid repetition
- Don’t doodle on the answer paper
- There are only so many ways of asking the same questions on a topic. Although questions are not repeated word for word, the underlying questions will be roughly the same. So do lots of past papers, you will begin to recognise patterns
- If there is only a small gap for your answer the examiner isn’t expecting an essay
- If you make a mistake, put one line through it to cross it out
- Only answer the number of questions you are asked for. If you answer them all, the examiners have to mark them and then select your best responses
Click here: Exams Word Processing Policy
Year 13 Leavers – 2019
We have now received certificates for the Summer 2019 exams, please advise your child that these can be collected from the 6th Form office during school hours.
If they are unable to collect them themselves the student may nominate a family member or friend to collect them. The student must contact Mrs Warren before hand on 01202 528554 or at Josephine.email@example.com to advise the name of their representative, who must then provide proof of their identity when collecting the certificates. Please note that we are unable to post certificates.
Please contact the Academy to arrange collection of certificates - The Academy can only hold certificates for two academic years.